1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
(A) Admission into 1st Semester of Any of the 4 Year B.Tech. Degree Courses
To seek entry into a 4 year B.Tech degree course, a candidate
(ii) Must not be more than 21 years of age or must not be less than 17 years of age on 1st of August of the year in which the admission is sought. Upper age limit is relaxable to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed candidates. For SC/ST candidate upper age limit may be relaxed by 3 years.
(iii) Must be mentally and physically fit and must possess a good moral character
(B) ADMISSION OF DIPLOMA HOLDERS INTO THE 2ND YEAR/3RD SEMESTER OF A 4 YEAR B.Tech. DEGREE COURSE
To seek lateral admission at the 3rd semester level, a candidate
Last date of submission of GIMT application form for lateral admission is 5th July 2016. Date for admission test will be on 9th July 2016.
2. INTAKE CAPACITY:
The intake capacity of different branches of study for B.Tech. degree is as under:
a) Admission will be on the basis of
i) Common Entrance Examination (CEE), Assam score and
b)Reservation for SC, ST (P), ST (H), OBC and MOBC will be as per Govt. of Assam rules.
3. HOW TO APPLY:
Students seeking admission into B.Tech. courses in GIMT must fill in the GIMT application form. Students who want to be considered for both the CEE & JEE (Main) seats need not fill in two GIMT application forms separately , only one will suffice. Even though no last date for submission of application has been specified, students are strongly advised to submit the form as early as possible after the publication of CEE/ JEE(Main) results. Provisional admission of candidates for admission to B.Tech.courses will commence from 1st June 2016.
4. COUNSELLING FOR ADMISSION:
(a) For CEE Seats - Date, time & Venue for counselling & admission of CEE seats will be notified by the Govt. of Assam/ the agency conducting CEE as authorized by the Govt. of Assam.
(b) For JEE (Main) Seats - Counselling for JEE(Main) seats will be held in the month of July, 2016
at GIMT premises at Azara. Notice for counselling of JEE (Main) seats will be issued.
5. Allotment of Branch
Subject to availability of seats, the candidate selected for admission will be offered a branch of his/her choice on the basis of merit in CEE/JEE (Main). Branch transfer in first/second semester will normally not be permitted unless there are vacancies in any of the branches.
1. Eligibility Criteria (According to AICTE and ASTU norms): For admission into the M.Tech. courses
2. Intake Capacity: The intake capacity is 18. Reservation for SC, ST (P), ST (H), OBC and MOBC will be as per Govt. of Assam rules.
3. Admission Criteria: To get admission into the M.Tech. course, the candidate has to qualify in one of the following Examinations.
4. How to Apply: Students seeking admission into M.Tech. course in GIMT must fill application form for M.Tech. The last date for submission of application form is 25th June 2016.
5. Date of Entrance Exam and Counseling: The GIMT Entrance Exam for admission into M.Tech. for the session 2016-17 will be held on 2nd July 2016.
1. Eligibility Criteria: For admission to the MBA Course, a candidate must have at least a Bachelor's degree from an Indian/Foreign University (recognised by UGC/AIU) securing not less than 50% in Major or in aggregate of the total marks for General category candidates and not less than 45% in Major or in aggregate of the total marks for SC/ST/OBC/other reserved category candidates.
2. Provisional Admission: Candidates, who will be appearing in the degree final examination of 2016 can apply for admission subject to the condition that -
3. Age Limits: There is no specified age limit for admission to the course.
4. Admissions would be based on the performance of student in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by ASTU or in National level tests (CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/CMET) followed by GD & PI.
5. Reservation Policy: Assam Govt. reservation policy for admission will be followed for MBA admission at GIMT.
6. How to Apply: A student seeking admission into the MBA course in GIMT must fill in the GIMT application form.
7. Counseling for Admission: Candidates, who have valid CAT/MAT/ATMA/CMAT score card, may appear for GD and PI at GIMT, Azara, Guwahati. For further information, aspiring students are advised to contact the Department of Business Administration, GIMT. Separate counseling for candidates, whose names appear in the merit list prepared by the Assam Science & TechnologyUniversity for MBA admission, will be held and exact dates will be intimated to the candidates.
1. Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for admission into MCA course, a candidate:
2. Lateral Admission:
2. How to Apply: A student seeking admission into the MCA course in GIMT must fill in the GIMT application form.
3. Counseling for Admission: The date of counseling for admission into MCA and MCA (Lateral) will be intimated through news paper / website advertisement.