RULES & REGULATIONS OF GIMT LIBRARY
For the smooth functioning of the Library, some rules are confined. Please read the rules before access the Library
- Rules for Lending Books
- Library opening time ------- 8 AM - 10 PM
Morning shift------- 8AM - 4 PM ------- All Library related works
Evening shift------- 3PM – 10 PM ------- Circulation & Uses of reading room
- Circulation time-------8.30AM – 9.30PM
Morning shift ------- 8.30 AM-3.30 PM
Evening shift ------- 4.30 PM-9.30 PM
- Weekend and Vacation Library opening time - 10AM - 2 PM
In case of student users books will be issued for a period of 14 days only. After 14 days a member may be renewed the books provided the books in question are not reserved by other users. If any student is failed to return the book within this period, then from the very next day he/she will be charged Rs. 2 /-per day as fine, while other users can issue a book for a period of 180 days.
The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to the registered members only. Students will be Issued 2 books while teachers and other staff will be issued 10 books against their own library master card. At any cost the master card is not transferable.
. Membership of a student shall remain valid till he/she remains on the role of the Institute.
. The Asst. librarian may recall any book from member at any time.
. Loose issues of periodicals and Journals are not meant for issue.
A1. Loss of Library Reader’s Ticket
1. The loss of library master card should be reported immediately in writing to the Asst. Librarian and a fine of Rs.50/- will be charged for re-issue of a new (duplicate) card.
A2. Loss or Damage of Borrowed Books
1. The loss of books borrowed by a user in his/her custody; the borrower shall be liable to replace the book immediately within the issuing period, otherwise the borrower himself /herself will be responsible for further action.
- General Rules
1. All kinds of personal belongings except notebook are supposed to be kept in the property counter at the entrance.
2. Silence is must inside the library.
3. Use of Mobile Phone and laptop is strictly prohibited.
4. Member shall not smoke or spite in any part of the library.
5. While browsing books, no book should be replaced by the users on the stack themselves. Users are requested to use the OPAC facility provided by the GIMT Library to search a book available in the library.
6. The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Mutilation of pages if founds must be brought to the notice of the circulation in-charge immediately. Otherwise, the borrower himself/herself shall be responsible for mutilation of the book if detected afterwards.
7. Underlining, marking, folding of pages, etc. in the book is strictly prohibited.
8. Upon any infringement of the library rules, members shall forfeit privileges of admission and membership of the library.
9. The Asst. Librarian reserves the right to suspend or delinquent membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
10. The members caught tearing of pages/stealing books or otherwise mutilating books will be suspended forthwith from using library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against him/her by the Institute.