The 4 year degree course of Civil Engineering was started in August 2014 and is affiliated to Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU). The programme has a curriculum with 81 courses / 258 credits that includes practical, seminar, training, projects etc. covering a broad spectrum of engineering: starting from geotechnical sciences to structural engineering, environmental to hydraulics, transportation to hydrology. Thus a number of different fields of engineering come under the single domain to make Civil Engineering as the most versatile branch of engineering. The department is very much concerned about the overall development of the budding civil technocrats by giving exposure of practical and real life problemsthrough organising construction-site visits and industrial training, conducting expert lectures by renowned personalities of different fields apart from the well equipped laboratory facilities.
To provide trained human resources in the field of Civil Engineering for industry and society through excellence in technical education and research.
- To produce civil engineers of high caliber, technical skills and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a center of excellence in the field of civil engineering and allied research.
- To provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in all areas of civil engineering.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the mind of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- Interaction with industry with emphasis on R&D.