The Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering was established in the year 2006.
- Department initially started Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Programme in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering affiliated to Gauhati University with initial intake of 60 students.
- Department increased its B.E programme strength to 120 after successful completion of first batch in the year 2010.
- In the year 2013, Institute got affiliated to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU) and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) programme in Electronics and Communications Engineering was started.
- The curriculum with 49 courses / 29 practicals / 200 credits covers subject of Basic Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities, Computing and Professional Core, besides vital aspects of Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering with particular emphasis on various fields of Communication Engineering. Student’s get hands-on experience to enhance their technical skills through numerous mandatory practicals / seminars / Industrial training / projects.
- In the year 2014, Department started its Post-Graduate programme, Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Electronics and Communications Engineering under the affiliation of ASTU with an intake of 18.
- Since the inception of department, seven (7) batches of student has graduated from the department with flying colours marking its presence felt in university and various competitive examinations.
- B.Tech programme is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for the Academic years 2016-17 and 2017-18.
To be a centre of excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and to produce globally competitive and socially sensitive graduates who can excel in education, research and entrepreneurship and contribute to the ever changing industrial requirements, economic growth and societal needs.
- To create an active learning-teaching environment.
- To develop strong theoretical concepts complemented with hands-on training.
- To produce competent professionals who are globally competitive, socially committed and ready to accept new challenges in diverse fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- To impart value-based education that will result in entrepreneurial initiatives towards the socio-economic development of the Nation.