Smart India Hackathon 2017
(My Gov Innovations)
A Govt. of India Initiative
Some of the moments of the event is shared below,
About: "Smart India Hackathon 2017" (A Govt. of India initiative) is a pan India 36 hour nonstop digital programming competition. The participating teams have simultaneously competed from across 33 locations in India to offer digital yet sustainable innovative solutions to solve real time challenges faced by the nation. It was aimed to harness the creativity of millions of bright young minds in different Engineering colleges across India.
Computer Application Department Team: Our MCA Team participated in the competitition in the Grand Finale for solving the DoNER (Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region) Ministry´s problem: "Explaining the famous products of NER".They came up with flying colors with good score in the Coding Compitition and demonstrated their best skill, knowledge, analytical capability, team leadership, and project management ability. They could create a good impression before the judges in the event.
The Solution to the problem of DoNEAR was defined by Govt of India as follows,
- Mobile App to explain the details of famous products (Bamboo products, Agriculture, etc.) of north east state wise which can be interfaced with the website of Ministry of DoNER and solve following problems related to products
- Availability/Accessibility of products.
- Advantages of products.
- Digital Marketing of Products (like NEHHDC and NERAMAC, for example the cost in the market of these products is often less than even from purchased online and to create awareness among people to purchase these products).
- Handicrafts and handlooms in NE Region may be popularized by building a mobile app may be developed which may provide details related to different types of traditional handlooms and handicrafts as per the person’s current location ,his interest in particular dress form/state in NER. He can also upload the image of the dress and check the history related its origin and its transformation.
Sample data required: Yes; Images of various handlooms and handicrafts, google maps.
A few more analytics:
- The Smart India Hackathon 2017 Grand Finale was held simultaneously at 26 nodal centres pan India
- No. of Teams at the finale: 1150 +
- No. of Winners across all centres: 135
- These 135 winning teams included 30 Winning teams, 30 First Runner up teams and 30 Second Runner up teams under various ministries/ departments and under Students´ Voice category. The remaining winning teams included 26 Persistent Inspiration Award winners and 19 Deloitte Innovation Award winners.