The Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering organises events like Symposia, Seminars, Workshops, Faculty Development Program for the academic development of the Students and Faculties. Some of the past events organised by the department are listed below-
The FDP titled FDP on Application Software (LabVIEW and Scilab) aims to create a learning environment amongst Engineering Teachers on the use of the software Scilab and LabVIEW was organised by the department from 25th July-29th July 2017. The FDP will introduce the basics of the software (s) and demonstrate the application of the software (s) in different engineering fields.
A Parents-Teacher meet was organised on 27th May, 2017. Various Issues were discussed in the meet.
On 15th and 16th of November,2016 a Staff Development Programme on MATLAB and its Application in Engineering for laboratory instructors was organized by the department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation. The resource persons were Mr. Y.V. Kartik and Mr. Suman Roy from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati.
An industrial visit was carried out on 10th November, 2016 at Karbi Lengpi Hydroelectric Power Generation Station of APGCL at Lengeri. It was a one-day tour and there the students got to see the power generation unit, the dam on the Borpani river and the operations of different turbines.
A symposium on “Career Avenues for Engineering Graduates in India and Abroad” was held on 27th February 2016. The spokesperson were Tousif Khan Nizami, Arghya Chakravarty and Ankit Bansal who are senior research fellow of Deptt of EEE, IIT Guwahati. The primary motive of the workshop was to bring together the researchers, engineers and the students of IIT and GIMT with a view to provide scientific and professional interaction for the advancement in the field of engineering.
- An extra-mural lecture was organized by AEI deptt. on 16th August 2016. The lecture was given by Ms. Richa Sarma, a 2012 graduate from the deptt of AEI, who is currently working at Wipro Technologies. About 100 students from the deptt. of AEI, ECE and CSE participated in the programme.
- The Department of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering organized a 9 days excursion cum Industrial visit trip from 5th to 13th January, 2016 to New Delhi, Shimla and Amritsar. The excursion team consisted of 26 students of 8th semester and 3 faculty members of the department. The industry that the team had visited was Maruti Suzuki India Ltd at Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Deptt. of AEI Engineering to organise a one day industrial trip to Karbi Langpi Hydro Power Station, Karbi Anglong Distrct, Assam on 4th March 2016.
- Deptt. of AEI Engineering organised a one day Workshop “Recent Trends in Instrumentation and Process Control (RTIPC)” held at GIMT Guwahati on 27th February 2016.
- Dept. of AEI Engineering to publish its first annual technical magazine ‘Journal of Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering’ in the month of December 2015.
- Students of the AEI Engineering deptt. takes active participation in the Lecture session of Mr. Anil Kapoor, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Meghalaya Cement Ltd & Topcem, organised by the Centre for Career Development on 18th August 2015, at GIMT Guwahati.
- Deptt. of AEI Engineering organises a one day Inter-Departmental technical quiz competition for 3rd, 5th and 7th semester students on 8th August 2015.
- Deptt. of AEI Engineering organised a one day symposium “Recent Trends in Instrumentation and Process Control (RTIPC)” held at GIMT Guwahati on 24th March 2015.
- Deptt. of AEI Engineering organised a one day industrial trip to Karbi Langpi Hydro Power Station, Karbi Anglong Distrct, Assam on 21st February 2015.
Deptt. of AEI Engineering organised a Industrial visit cum excursion to Delhi and Agra in August 2013.
A Two day on ‘Instrumentation, Operation and Control of Electrical Power System’ held on 28th and 29th April 2011 organised by the Dept. of AEI and EE Engineering.