Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Physical Resource: To procure latest hardware and software products to upgrade the facilities in laboratories for meeting the following goals:
(a) To undertake curricular and co-curricular activities
(b) To undertake R&D consultancy projects by the department.
(c) To undertake higher or advance research work relevant to the profession.
- PEO2: Higher Studies and Research:
(a) To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and prepare them for Post-graduate studies.
(b) To provide value addition programs to develop abilities for seeking admissions in PG and PhD programs in Indian as well as in foreign universities.
- PEO3: Employability Skills:
(a) To ensure that the faculty members and other employees demonstrate professional behaviour as role models of the students.
(b) The department will ensure to integrate development of technological and communication skills of the students.
(c) To ensure that faculty members and students use innovative methods of self-learning to inculcate and nurture life-long learning skills.
- PEO4: Personality Development:
(a) To ensure that faculty members, staff and students practice the behavior related to time management, self-discipline, positive attitude, integrity and so on.
(b) To organize departmental seminars on regular basis on themes such as innovation in technology and to assess the studentâ€™s capability of delivering the technical content.
(c) The department will ensure to adopt the approach of self-development groups for developing the personalities and competencies of faculty members and students.
- PEO5: Social Responsibility: Department will try to organize socializing activities such as:
(a) Inter departmental seminars
(b) Official picnics
(c) Annual function for faculties
(d) Engineering model exhibition under the guidance of faculties
(e) Interactive sessions with experts from different fields
- PEO6: Career Preference: The department expects that the graduates of this program are likely to contribute excellence in the following sectors:
(a) Integrated Circuit Design
(b) Embedded System Design
(c) Process Control Industries
(d) Higher Education
Programme Outcomes (POs)
The students need to attain the following:
- PO1: Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- PO2: Ability to design and conduct experiments, also analyze and interpret data,
- PO3: Ability to design a system, select the components and process to meet the desired goal within the realistic constraints such as economic, environmental,, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability,
- PO4: Ability to apply engineering and management principles individually or in a team in a multidisciplinary environment,
- PO5: Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems,
- PO6: Exhibit professional and ethical behavior,
- PO7: Acquire effective communication skills such as speaking and listening, reading and writing, interpret and prepare visual cues.
- PO8: Demonstrate the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts,
- PO9: the methods of time management and life-long learning,
- PO10: Apply modern techniques, resources and, engineering and IT tools in the solution of engineering problems.
- PO11: Keep abreast with contemporary knowledge, issues and technological developments (techniques, skills and tools).