The department considers field visits and indusrtial visits an intergral part of the learning process. Regular field vists and industrial visits are conducted every semester to acclimatise the students with the latest technologies and real world problems. The following field visits have been conducted:
- Field visit to Brahmaputra River Bank at Palashbari for erosion studies on 10th October 2016.
- Industrial Visit to BitChem Industries Limited, Meghalaya on 10th September, 2016.
- Site visit to construction site at Japorigog, Guwahati on 10th Sepetember, 2016.
- Field trip to Agthori Railway Station, North Guwhati on 11th March, 2017.
- Field Trip to Gumi-Palashbari for demonstartion of river training and bank protection measures on 11th March, 2017.
The department also conducts regular seminars and talks by eminent academicians and industry personnel to promote industry-academia interaction.