Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduates will have fundamentals for successful profession and/or for higher education in Civil engineering based on mathematical, scientific and engineering principles.
- PEO 2: Graduates will adapt to the modern engineering tools for planning, design, execution and maintenance of works with sustainable development in their profession.
- PEO 3: Graduates will exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication and managerial skills, team work and social responsibility in their profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- PEO 4: Graduates of the program will contribute to the development of infrastructure that is sustainable.
- PEO 5: Graduates of the program, as part of an organization or as entrepreneurs, will continue to learn to harness evolving technologies.
- PEO 6: Graduates of the program will be professional Civil Engineers with ethical and social responsibility.
- PEO 7: Graduates of the program should-
(a) Contribute to building a sustainable society, present and future.
(b) Apply professional and responsible judgment and take a leadership role.
(c) Do more than just comply with legislation and codes.
(d) Use resources efficiently and effectively.
(e) Seek multiple views to solve sustainability challenges.
(f) Manage risk to minimize adverse impact to people or the environment.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and civil engineering principles to the solution of complex problems in Civil Engineering.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex civil engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principle of Mathematics and Engineering Science.
- Design solution for complex civil engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, social and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions related to civil engineering problems.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools such as CAD, FEM and GIS including prediction and modeling to complex civil engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional Civil Engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional Civil Engineering solutions in social and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Civil Engineering practice.