The Department of Computer Science and Engineering thrives to enrich the learning experience of the students through practical exposure in Industrial Training, industrial visit and excursion.
Industrial Visit or Industrial Tour among the engineering students is a vital event per their curriculum where the students need to visit a company. In real, as a part of their engineering or professional graduation, students must visit industries in order to get a proper insight about how the real working environment of a company is and the functionality at different levels. As per the expert view, Industrial Visit is one of the most tactical approaches in technical education. A good industrial visit will give the students an opportunity to learn things practically in a real-time functional environment through interactions, witnessing the working methods and clarifying their doubts with experienced workers. With an aim to go beyond academics, these visits are arranged to develop the insights of the students – attaining practical knowledge and their theoretical applications thereof.
Advantages of Industrial Visit:
· An opportunity to get exposure to the real workstations, plants, machines and systems.
· Opportunity to get the senior functional experts / supervisors to explain about company functions.
· Company tour to understand the end-to-end process at all levels.
· Expert briefing about the functioning of machines and systems.
· Opportunity to have a face to face session with technical or administrative experts of the organization to ask questions and clarify doubts.
· Opportunity to understand the company policies in terms of production, quality, and service management.
The objectives of Industrial visits are:
· Make Students Aware with Industry Practices
· Increase Practical Awareness of various Industrial Sectors
· Acquaint Students with Interesting Facts and Newer Technologies
Keeping this objectives at hand, the department organizes an excursion tour cum industrial visit (outside Assam) and a local industrial tour which outside the framework of the curriculum. Every year, the final year students are taken both for excursion and industrial visit which has some relevance with the stream of study of the programme and guided by teacher members of the department.
Excursion, Training cum Industrial Visit
3. HCL Infosystems Ltd,Ghy-3
4. HPCL,cacher paper
5. HCL Infosystems Ltd.
6. IBM Kolkata
9. N.F Railway,Maligaon
10. National Informatics Centre
11. NEIST, JORHAT
12. Numaligarh Refinery Limited
13. Web Com India Pvt Ltd.
14. All India Radio,Guwahati
15. Infogain, Noida
17. Oil India Limited, Duliajan
18. Tezpur University
19. Doordarshan kendra(Guwahati)
20. Assam State Electricity Board
21. Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corporation Limited
22. Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
23. Manipal Institute of Technology, Mangalore