Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology, Guwahati campus was founded on 7 September 2006 as the first nongovernmental engineering institute in Assam under the patronage of the Shrimanta Shankar Academy Society. Ever since its inception, the institute aim has been to establish a morally sound educational system, which not only produces competent professionals but also excellent human beings contributing towards the welfare of the Society.
This Institute was established with approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and permission from the State Government. Initially, GIMT was affiliated to the oldest and most reputed University in the State i.e. Gauhati University. Since August 2013, the institute has been affiliated to Assam Science & Technology University.
B.Tech programmes in CSE, EE and ME are accredited for the Academic years 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 and AEI and ECE are accredited for the Academic years 2016-17 and 2017-18 by National Board of Accreditation (NBA),Govt. of India.
Girls will be provided accomodation in girls hostel while boys will be provided accomodation in boys hostel from 1st March 2019 till noon of 4th March 2019
Accomodation Coordinator:Mr. Alokojjwal Das, Assistant Professor (+91 7399300078)
SPOC:Dr. Sandip Bordoloi, Associate Professor (+91 9864504431)
Student's Coordinator:Mr. Amarjyoti Pathak, Assistant Professor (+91 9401252134)
GIMT is linked to both Railway station and International airport.Transport facility is available with public transport service, OLA and UBER service
1. Participants should bring their own basic amenities and bathroom kits. Nodal centre will not provide the same.
2. Participants should try to maintain the decorum during the course of the event at the nodal centre.
3. The team leader and their mentors are solely responsible for the safety and security of their team if they move out of the nodal centre without informing/ seeking permission of the concerned authorities.
4. No team leaders, members shall be allowed to leave the nodal centre during the course of the competition.
5. Each team has to check-in at the registration counter which will open at 9.00 AM on 1st March 2019. After giving their requisite details, they have to collect the material needed issued to them for their stay in hostel rooms. After their stay at the nodal centre, they have to deposit all the materials that were issued to them.
6. Each team will be issued an exit pass after they have returned all the materials. Only after getting the exit pass, the team shall be allowed to leave the nodal centre.
7. Loss or damage of materials of items and properties of the nodal centre will lead to a fine on the team.
8. A team, once after leaving the nodal centre, after due submission of exit pass, shall not, in any circumstances, be allowed to stay/ reside/ avail accommodation at the nodal centre.
Download the Rules to be observed