Counselling/guidance is the most essential service offered in an educational institute through the Counselling Cell for achieving institutional goal to the fullest, helping students in making adequate adjustments with the existing and changing life situations and achieving optimum growth in career. It aims to enable students to succeed in their academic career, to identify and be consistent with their abilities, interests and goal overcoming the obstacles of life.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Counsellor:
As Counsellor you are solely responsible for the design, development, implementation, co-ordination and facilitation of various training and development program for the students.
1. To break the ice that persist with the term and attract students towards the cell through ones own innovative strategic planning.
2. To work in collaboration with various intra-College teams, parents, teachers and all other professionals to positively influence the learning and emotional well being of students.
3. To develop individualised strategies to enable students to work through their concerns/difficulties/ problems etc.
4. To extend support towards the college by providing information that supports the cognitive, behavioural and educational growth of the students.
5. To assess the psychological, psycho-educational, behavioural, learning and
Adapting ability of the students .
6. To facilitate students in getting an insight into their potentialities, strengths and
Weaknesses for learning and other potentials that he/she has.
7. To identify special talents and develop confidence and extend support for its
exploration in support with mentors and parents..
8. To identify the slow learners and diagnose their learning difficulties and prescribe remedial measures in consultation with the concerned mentor/ department.
9. To encourage students in building interpersonal relationships with teachers and mentors for greater support.
10. May conduct motivational seminars/workshops at regular intervals for building confidence among students.
11. To maintain records of student issues, prescribed remedy, progress and changes if any.
12.To perform other related duties as assigned.