With a steadfast commitment towards increasing our graduate placements, this year we have introduced a Finishing School as part of the GIMT learning experience.
Employers look for a certain skill set in fresh graduates beyond their academic degrees, a skill set that will help them deliver in the real workplace. This school is directed and dedicated to prepare students for the corporate life that lies beyond academics, by serving as that much-needed bridge students need to cross to step into the Industry from the college environment. It will train our fresh graduates to become INDUSTRY-READY by providing them a balanced set of technical skills, communication and interpersonal skills, industry exposure and a positive attitude to work and life.
This Finishing school is a supplementary training school to train and prepare students for the placement sessions, job interviews and the job market in general. It is therefore a logical extension of the GIMT experience which will act as its Academia-Industry interface.
The Finishing School will conduct a ONE YEAR CERTIFICATE COURSE for all sixth and seventh semester students. This means that students not only get the training to hit the job ground running, but also get the value of a certificate to add to their resumes – an endorsement that companies will immensely value while hiring them.
- A powerful training programme to inculcate in students the communication skills, mind skills and soft skills which will make them able to assert a strong personal brand in a corporate environment during job interviews and their work life
- Short Term Technical Certificate courses offered through tutorials in alliance with Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay
- Well-furnished conference style AC classroom with audio-visual facilities aimed at grooming students in a corporate environment
- Dedicated computer laboratory for students to undertake technical courses
- Guest Lectures and Seminars by Industry Experts
- Hands-on experience in technical education in the form of placement oriented short-term certificate courses. We have much on offer in the coming semester ranging from programming in C, C++, JAVA, Latex, Scilab Mat Lab Applications, Control systems, Visual Basics available for students across all engineering branches.
- Regular classes in communication skills and soft skills (CV and cover letter writing, group discussion sessions, interview performance and behavior, presentation skills, personality development, email etiquette, corporate ethics etc).
- Regular classes to prepare students to appear for Aptitude test covering all aspects of quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning and verbal ability.
- Guest Lectures and Seminars by Industry Experts to help students understand and imbibe workplace orientation and learn about real time projects and workplace culture, ethics and related experiences.
Finishing School Joint Coordinators:
Chayashree Patgiri , Assistant Professor (AEI)
Ritushree Dutta , Assistant Professor (AEI)
Departmental Finishing School Coordinators:
AEI: Sandip Bordoloi , Assistant Professor & HoD (i/c)
CSE: Mrs. Pinky Saikia Dutta , Assistant Professor
ECE: Anindita Bora, Assistant Professor & HoD (i/c)
EE: Pallavi Roy , Assistant Professor
ME: Arunav Choudhury , Assistant Professor
CE: Saurav Jyoti Parasor, Assistant Professor